Tuesday 8 November 2016

Planning - Masthead Name Ideas


To make sure I have a range of masthead name ideas, I created a mind map to help me. This allowed me too develop and create new ideas, easier.

I chose these 6 potential masthead names as they all contain words, which have heavy connotations to newspapers. - such as 'Daily', 'Report', and 'Bulletin' . I gained these influences throughout my research, of local newspapers. I believe having a masthead with one of these nouns, will make my final product look as realistic as possible. Another reason why I created these 6 words, is they all contain a location that the news is concerning. This was a feature I saw being used very frequently with local newspapers. As I was already aware my newspaper would be based on Bristol, I made sure to include it into my names. I also attempted to vary my chooses and use words which have connotations to Bristol, or they have a very significant meaning to Bristol. - such as 'Avon'.

No comments:

Post a Comment