Wednesday 7 December 2016

Advert Ideas

The adverts I have decided I will be using in my local newspaper are: promotion to 'win £1000 worth of Apple products' if app is downloaded, conservatory fittings company, indoor furniture company, and outdoor furniture company. After doing immense research into the real adverts used in local newspapers, I discovered these were the most common. I decided to use realistic adverts because it can help reinforce the realism of my production.

To promote the Bristol Bulletin application and Apple products prize, I created an image of an iPhone held in hand, with it displaying a portion of my inside page. To create this image I heavily used Adobe Photoshop. I began by removing the background, I did this not just because it looks aesthetically pleasing, but it also reflects the actual convention of ears used in local newspapers. I also used Photoshop, in order for it to look like the iPhone was displaying my inside page.

Through thoroughly researching local newspapers, and what advert they all typically have, I discovered that nearly all of them have some form of home improvement advertisements. This is the main reason I decided I will definitely be using a conservatory fittings company in my piece, as I want it to look realistic as possible. To create this advert, I took inspiration from existing conservatory advertisements, I discovered that a common convention is to feature images of a conservatory at different angles. After making adjustments on Adobe Photoshop to make the images of higher quality, I imported the images onto Adobe InDesign, to make the advertisement.


No comments:

Post a Comment